Saturday 10 February 2018

Yellow Mellow Makeup & Soul Tree Kajal Liners


Do you ever just see a makeup photo on instagram that you should HAVE to try and recreate? I admit, 80% of the time, these look amazing but are impossible to do unless you are super talented at makeup - something I am not - but every now and again, one just shows up which looks incredible and isn't too complicated!
Yellow-Mellow-Makeup-Zendaya-Inspired



For me, this happened when I saw Zendaya's makeup for The Greatest Showman premiere - slight side-track but who's seen the film and don't you think it's amazing if you have seen it?! - where she had the most gorgeous yellow eyeshadow look going on and I just knew I had to have a go at recreating it!

Yellow isn't a colour I ever reach for but I'm so glad I did and I think it's a colour that would look amazing on every skin tone/eye colour. As well as Zendaya's post, I received some gorgeous kajal liners from Soul Tree in some unusual shades, one being a gorgeous yellow gold called 24 carat which was just perfect for the yellow base and gives something for the powder shadows to stick to and bring out the colour more. Oh course, I used the Pure Black for outlining both the upper and lower lash lines as they are so creamy that they apply so smoothly and don't tug at the sensitive skin there.  All of these liners can be used as eyeshadows (as I used the gold) and are so easy to blend and last all day without smudging or creasing. I also received Fern Green, Mood Indigo, Purple Haze, Grey Glow and Transparent which is perfect for the glossy lid look.

Soul-Tree-Kajal-Liner-24carat

Soul-Tree-Kajal-Liner-Review

These are a traditional kohl liner which uses natural mineral colours, vegetable oil lamps, organic ghee and organic almond oil, so here are absolutely no harmful chemicals used to create the colours. This means they are 100% natural, free of parabens or lead and are not tested on animals, oh and are traditionally made - what more could you possibly want!? I love the packaging which makes them so easy to hold when applying and, as they are the same size as a lipstick, are so easy to just pop in your make up bag especially when travelling.

Have you ever tried the Soul Tree liners and what do you think of this yellow eyeshadow look?
Love Laura x

P.S. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and if you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments!



*Post contains brand gifts
All opinions are my own


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh how cute are these liners? Your yellow eye make up looks fab - such a bold and striking look! It's incredible that they're 100% natural too - its so hard to find good make up brands that tick all the boxes, don't you think? How ideal its perfectly hand-bag sized, too!
    Lovely post and fab pictures, too.
    Kate x
    http://www.findingkate.co

    ReplyDelete