Sunday 21 January 2018

Dermalogica For Oily Skin


A new year means new skincare right?! Even more so when it's a brand you haven't tried before and for me, this is the case with Dermalogica who I had heard of but had never tried - until now!

Dermalogica-For-Oily-Skin-Review

Dermalogica-For-Oily-Skin-precleanse-balm



I was so excited when these arrived and to test them out and they certainly haven't disappointed at all! First up is the Pre-cleanse Balm and this is without a doubt one of my favourites out of the four products I received. As it is a balm to oil products, it literally melts away any makeup easily while being gentle on the skin. The cleansing mitt it comes with is amazing as it gives a gentle exfoliation while helping to remove and cleanse your skin. Even if you aren't wearing makeup, it still helps to make skin feel super clean and look healthy. It is aimed at normal to dry skin and I have oily skin, it still works well and doesn't make me face any more oily - in fact it feels so smooth!

The Cleansing Cream is suitable for all skin types, so anyone/everyone can use it. As it is soap free, it's very gentle on skin while still removing any dirt but doesn't strip the skin of it's natural moisture. It doesn't remove makeup well but I found it works best after the pre-cleanse balm to double cleanse and make sure there is no oil residue left.

Dermalogica-For-Oily-Skin-Daily-Superfoliant

The Daily Superfoliant is Dermalogica's new product that can be used every day. As it contains activated charcoal, it helps to pureifie skin and absorb evenviromental toxins from deep in the pores. The inclusion of red algae and tara fruit extract help to guard the skin against the damaging effect of pollution - this makes it the perfect exfoliant, especially if you live in a city where pollution is particularly high.

Lastly is the Skin Smoothing Cream which is a medium-weight moisturiser. While it is recommend for dry/combination skin, I've found it works really well on my oily skin, making it feel nourished. It also sinks into skin pretty quickly and doesn't feel heavy even though it is supposedly a medium weight. This moisturiser helps to defend your skin against dehydration and pollution while smoothing out fine lines.

Even though these may not be aimed specifically at oily skin - Dermalogica do have an oily skin range - I've found these to work well with my skin and not irritate it or completely strip and dry it out. My two absolute favourites are the Pre Cleanse Balm and the Skin Smoothing Cream, as they worked particularly well and I honestly have no idea why I haven't tried them before now!

Have you tried anything from Dermalogica before?
Love Laura x



*Gifts from Dermalogica via Influenster
All opinions are my own



No comments:

Post a Comment