Thursday 15 December 2016

Blogmas Day 15 - Pixi by Petra Holiday Collection


Who doesn't love getting new make up, especially when it's a new holiday collection. They are without a doubt some of my favourite rages to buy from because they are always so fun and the packing is festive and unique. The holiday collection from Pixi by Petra is certainly no exception to this rule and I was so excited to receive this gift and have honestly been using it all ever since it dropped through my letterbox!

Pixi-by-Petra-Holiday-Collection-Review


Pixi-by-Petra-Holiday-Collection-Review

The Palette Rosette
This palette is so, so amazing and I've pretty much used this every day as it has everything in it you need for a day or night look. The eye shadows are so easy to blend and all pair together so well and are buildable depending on the look you are going for. The three brow shades can be mixed together to get your perfect shade - I've been using both the lighter shades together in case you're wondering! The three highlighters together are perfect for under the brow or the inner corner of your eye as they aren't too glittery and with the different shades, you know you can find one to match the look you are creating. Now my favourite part of this palette is the all over glow which is amazing! It gives a perfect and healthy glow to your face and if you are pale skinned like me, you will absolutely love it with it's pinky sheen. I don't actually wear blush or contour that much but I do like both of these, although they are quite shimmery but give a healthy glow. Everything in this palette is so, so pigmented and stays put all day without a primer or needing to be touched up.


Endless Silky Eye Pen in Opal Overcoat
The shade of this eye pen is something else - it is amazingly gorgeous with a opal shade that is definitely something I haven't seen before. The formula is waterproof and smudge proof, so you know it is going to stay put all day/night without worrying! It also just glides across your skin so comfortably, so there's no tugging at the sensitive skin around your eyes. I was actually so surprised in how pigmented this was, as with opal I wasn't expecting mush but I was so wrong as it shows up perfectly wherever on the eye you apply. It makes an amazing alternative to black eyeliner, especially since it really catches the light. Could also be used to brighten the inner corner or along the lower lash line to make your eyes appear larger.


Matte Lustre Lipstick in Classic Red
Every holiday collection, especially at Christmas should always contain a red lipstick in my opinion! This one is a cross between a matte and a velvet formula, which I think makes it so wearable and comfortable if you have it on for a while, especially as it isn't drying and is quite lightweight so your forget your wearing it. It also doesn't transfer too easily, so you don't have to worry about lipstick stains on wine glasses too much or reapplying every time you drink.


Fairy Dust Favourite in Metallic Warmth
Loose pigments are something I have always strayed away from, mainly from the fear of getting them absolutely everywhere! However, these kind of stick to your brush so you don't get too much fall out when applying but it still comes off the brush well. It's so hard to explain, you really have to try it for yourself to get what I'm going on about! Each of the shades are so wearable - my favourite is the raspberry/maroon shade! Even though these are loose powders, they are so blendable when applied but keep their metallic sheen, so they really catch the light.

Pixi-by-Petra-Holiday-Collection-Review

Pixi-by-Petra-Holiday-Collection-Review

I honestly can't rave about all of these products enough, as I'm sure you can tell from this super long post! The packing is also festive with the holly and mistletoe design, but still subtle and still matching in with the Pixi brand with the same shade of green used. I can't wait to buy more Pixi by Petra products so if anyone has any recommendations, send them my way!

Love Laura x

*PR/brand sample or gift
All opinions are my own



1 comment: