Wednesday 19 October 2016

5 Beauty Things I Fail At


Things in the beauty/makeup world are constantly changing with new trends being brought in and old ones being forgotten or updated, which can not only make it hard to keep up with but also hard to learn new things constantly. Along with the new trends, the older or just basic makeup application things can be difficult to get perfect, even for us beauty bloggers! Contrary to popular belief, even we don't always have perfect makeup, so here are the 5 beauty things I still fail at!

Five-Beauty-Things-I-Fail-At

Mascara
No doubt one of the most basic parts of anyone's makeup look, I still have trouble not getting it literally everywhere when applying it! Under my eyes, on my nose, above my eyebrow and all over my eyelid of just some of the most common places that tent to turn black when I least want them too.

False Lashes
No matter how hard I try or how many tutorials I watch, I still cant master applying false lashes! They just don't stick where I want them too, or in very rare cases, I can get one on sort of perfectly but have no hope with the other. In fact, I tried using tweezers to hold the lash, ended up dropping it and now it's lost forever...

Eyeliner
Another one I just can't master even though I love how it looks, when I do it myself, I end up looking like I've let a 5 year old loose on my face. Also, don't even get me started on doing the wing - no, just no

Blusher
How people can apply blusher without having the doll like pink circles is beyond me! I honestly don't think it helps that I'm so pale skinned either but I just can't seem to get the blend right, especially in-between contour/highlight, it always just looks a little too much on me.

Contour
Me and contour have a love/hate relationship, as in sometimes it goes perfectly and others, it looks like a muddy patch on the side of my face. I have quite high cheek bones anyway, so I have to be super careful when putting it on and also choosing the right shade can be a struggle!


Those are just 5 beauty things I fail at and I'm sure there are a few more but I cant think of them right now. I guess, like with anything, practice makes perfect with these but if anyone has any tips or tricks, please send them my way!

What beauty things do you fail at?
Love Laura x




13 comments:

  1. Haha loved this, Laura. I also made several beauty confessions but forgot about contouring! Mine looks like two stripes until I blend it away to nothing then have to start again. A vicious cycle!

    Elisha

    http://gonebl0gging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I know what you mean! Contour either disappears completely or is just a brown mark!

      Delete
  2. Such an honest post, Laura. False lashes are a mindfield for me too - sometimes I do them OK and other times I stick them pretty much as far away from my lashline as possible. Impossible. haha. I did do a video about Mascara Hacks that may be helpful? :) http://www.sincerelysarah.net/?p=744

    Sincerely, Sarah xx
    www.sincerelysarah.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it and I hate false lashes - unless someone else applies them for me! Thank you for the link, it was so helpful!

      Delete
  3. loved this post your so honest. i have never tried falsies or winged liner or contour before
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They all look amazing when mastered it's just getting to that point... ;)

      Delete
  4. I really liked this post, I haven't seen any other beauty bloggers do this post! I think for me what I can't seem to get to grips with is the new cut-crease trend. I have tried a couple of times but it just looked awful! -xo

    chloedanielle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and neither had I! I can't do cut crease either but I think it's all to do with the shape and size of your eye so only works on some people...

      Delete
  5. I'm terrible with nail polish, I just can't apply it for the life of me. It smudges, drips and overall looks terrible. And even when I do on the rare occasion get it right it usually chips the very next day! And then don't even get me started on the struggle of getting even winged liner, haha! Great post!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gel polish! Lady's for ages without chipping and it's thicker so I don't get it everywhere!

      Delete
  6. I loved this post, girl lol. I am exactly the same with mascara and it usually ends up all over my lid :) It's easily fixed though so that's ok. False lashes and contouring are two things I'd love to master!
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just gets everywhere doesn't it?! Yeah it's an easy fix unless your wearing eyeshadow :(

      Delete
  7. Contouring is definitely something I fail at! I can never pick the right shade either, I always end up looking muddy!

    ReplyDelete